DSP Merrill Lynch beefs up India real estate investing
- DSP Merrill Lynch poaches Nipun Sahni from GE Commercial Finance, to spearhead real estate principal investments for the firm in India.
- Sahni’s will be responsible for the firm’s real estate principal investments in the country, based in Mumbai.
- Hemendra Kothari, chairman, DSP Merrill Lynch, says, “We look forward to capitalising on the many opportunities within the rapidly emerging real estate sector in the country.”
- India’s real estate market has attracted interest from a host of global players including Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and others.
- With the Indian economy forecast to grow at 9% this year, real estate in the country is still considered undervalued.
Lots of constructions and development on its way from a reat estate perspective. Prices are only going to move up.